The 3 Best Automation Shading Solutions For Your Home
Imagine returning from a long day at work to find your blinds already drawn and a home that’s cool, comfortable and private.
With automated shading solutions, this level of convenience is no longer a dream, it’s a reality.
Automation elevates the set-up and usability of your blinds, awnings and retractable roof, bringing an unsurpassed level of comfort and convenience to your daily life.
Here, we’ll explore three of the most popular ways to automate your home shading, how these systems work and the benefits they bring to your space.
Let’s dive in.
3 Popular Automated Shading Solutions
1. Motorised Blinds
Forget walking around your home manually opening and closing every blind, with motorised blinds, every shade operates at the touch of a button.
Operational via a remote control, wall switch or complete building integration, motorising your indoor or outdoor blinds brings a new level of convenience to your home. Motorised blinds are a stylish and practical shade and privacy solution for any area of the home, from bedrooms and living rooms to balconies and patios.
You can even set timers for your blinds to open and close at certain times of day via the Somfy app. Your home will always remain comfortable and private, even when you’re at work or on holiday.
Because they don’t require a hanging cord pull to operate, motorised blinds provide accessibility to hard-to-reach windows and are safe for homes with kids or pets.
For more information on motorised blinds, see our helpful article here.
2. Motorised Awnings
Durable, practical and discreet, motorised awnings keep your balcony, patio or outdoor entertaining areas comfortable without any manual effort.
Operating your motorised awning is possible via a remote control, wall switch or via the Somfy app. With the app, you can extend or retract your awning from within the home, or anywhere in the world, giving you total control from your smartphone.
If you choose to fit your awning with sun and wind sensors, your awning will intelligently react to the weather without you having to lift a finger. It’ll extend when the sun comes overhead and retract when conditions become unsuitable. You can even set timers to sync your awning with your schedule or the sunrise and sunset.
3. Retractable Roofs
With a retractable roof, your outdoor entertaining plans will never be foiled by impending weather again.
Helioscreen’s retractable roofs are made with waterproof fabrics, integrated water seals and have high wind resistance, so you can enjoy your outdoor entertaining areas no matter the weather. Opening and closing at the touch of a button, they take your space from completely exposed to entirely weatherproof in seconds.
When paired with optional sun and rain sensors, your roof will automatically react to the weather, protecting you and your outdoor furnishings from harsh sun and rain.
Not just limited to residential uses, retractable roofs also offer unbeatable flexibility and weather control to commercial spaces like restaurants, cafes and bars.
For some helpful tips on how to choose a retractable roof, see our article here.
Do I Need Sun, Wind & Rain Sensors?
Here’s 3 reasons why sun, wind and rain sensors are a valuable addition to your motorised blinds, awning or roof:
- Unbeatable protection: Most awnings can only withstand winds up to 40-50km/h. When paired with wind sensors, your awning will automatically retract when it senses potentially damaging strong winds.
- Effortless operation: Sun, wind and rain sensors do the thinking for you. If the sun comes overhead or it begins to rain, they’ll instruct your blinds, awning or roof to react accordingly without you lifting a finger.
- Enhances durability: Many outdoor blinds and awnings are not made for use in heavy rain. With the inclusion of rain sensors, your blinds or awning will automatically close when conditions become unsuitable, extending the lifespan of your shading systems.
3 Key Benefits Of Installing Automated Shading Solutions
- Safety: Without the need for hanging chains, automated shading solutions eliminate the safety risk of kids or pets getting caught in them.
- Sustainability: With built in light sensors and timers, automated shades intelligently react to light, heat and glare, keeping your home cool and taking the pressure off your air conditioning systems.
- Convenience: No doubt the biggest benefit of automated shading is convenience. Everything is operational from a single remote, so there’s no need to walk around opening or closing blinds throughout the day. Alternatively, if your shading systems are fitted with timers, they’ll automatically raise or lower at certain times of day without any manual effort.
Choose Australia’s Leading Automated Shading Supplier
When choosing automated shading for your home, it’s important to prioritise a durable and functional system that will provide a long-lasting shade solution.
Helioscreen is Australia’s leading supplier of automated blinds, awnings and roofs for a variety of residential and commercial applications. Contact us today for more information.