Varioscreen retractable roof systems from Helioscreen Australia and New Zealand were installed as an innovative automated external solar shading solution for the striking peaked atrium of the Grand Central Shopping Centre in Toowoomba QLD.
Twenty-eight Varioscreen retractable sunroof systems were installed at the shopping centre to deliver maximum possible reduction in solar heat gain through the atrium under peak solar loads.
A bright blue heavy-duty sunscreen fabric was chosen to ensure an inspiring vision to shoppers even in cloudy conditions overhead. Depending on the fabric specified, an automated external shading solution such as the European-designed Varioscreen retractable roof system can reduce energy transmission by up to 85%.
KEY FEATURES OF VARIOSCREEN RETRACTABLE ROOF SYSTEMS:
- Integrated positive lift system drives the front bar and keeps the fabric under constant tension
- Structural design gives superior stability and strength, allowing complex installations
- Available in widths of up to 5m with a projection of up to 6m
- Two systems may be combined to give a total width of 8m
- Powder-coated hardware
- Huge selection of European and locally sourced fabrics to meet almost any design brief